I'll ruffle your face!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

So a few weeks ago my new order of yarn came in. I ordered Springtime Swish Tonal yarn (Worsted weight) and it came in with spots. Many.. brown... spots... At first I thought it was only one spot and one 1/2" felted spot. Oh man was I wrong. I've kitted in approximately ten brown spots (1 likely to be visible if you really look for it.) and two felted/unspun parts of the yarn. I called it in after a few days of balling the skein and they said they'd send me a replacement so yay at least. It should be here on Monday. No idea what I'm going to make with it yet... I want to make an Impossibly Large (Impossibly Simple) Shawl, but I don't have big enough needles to do it. D; And to buy the individual tips costs ummm.. 12$? That I don't have :c So it might just lay around in my yarn box until I figure out what to do with it lol.



But~ With this ball I had made a super cute scarf I plan on trying to sell on Etsy. Since the ugly spots are all hidden in the knits (all but 1 I've noticed... but you really have to look for it to find it.) and the felted/unspun parts? I knit them in tightly and did my best to trim any "furry" spots that were poking out of the project. So, again, you shouldn't be able to spot 'em unless you dig your face into it and look for any imperfections.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Yarn Hugger // A Knitting Blog 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.